Before any asset can be traded on the DeGate protocol, the token needs to be registered followed by the creation of the trading pair. The entire process is audit-free. Registered token information is stored in DeGate's smart contract and is non-modifiable.
Anyone can call the smart contract's
registerTokenmethod to register for a new asset. The DeGate node monitors the on-chain register asset transaction regularly, and upon the confirmation of the transaction, the new asset will automatically be added to the token list maintained by the node. An alternate way to register a token is to call the smart contract's deposit method with an unregistered token. The token will be registered in parallel with the deposit operation.
Users also have the ability to list tokens from degate.com website through the following avenues:
- 1.Search for an asset in the account's asset interface.
- 2.Search for an asset by selecting the trading pair dropdown in the trade/grid strategy interface.
- 3.Search for the contract address by selecting the asset dropdown in the deposit interface.
In DeGate, users are only required to pay the gas fee for the token listing transaction. There is no additional operational listing fee which is common across centralized exchanges.
The DeGate node maintains a registered token list that is used on DeGate.
- 1.DeGate protocol supports a maximum of 4.2 billion different tokens
- 2.Some non-standard ERC20 assets such as burn on transfer and automatic balance update tokens may also be listed and traded but only after the DeGate node processes some additional treatments. However, this is evaluated and handled on a case-by-case basis.